Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Apparently Denis Leary is a huge a-hole

Denis Leary was a big hero at my college--even more so than Henry Winkler. Both were alums, and although Winkler gave much more money, Leary was the "cool guy" that all of Emerson's hipsters aspired to be.

Now I know being a misogynist jerk is his schtick and all, but reading an interview with him in TV Guide today really turns the tide...in it, they ask him about a scene he wrote, directed, and acted in in his series Rescue Me, where he rapes his wife, and then after telling him "no, no, no" she starts to enjoy it. He says:
The knee-jerk reaction is "Oh, my God, he raped his wife, and he's condoning spousal rape." I'm sorry, I've got female friends who have been through it and don't think it's an unhealthy situation. And anybody that says different has either not been through it or is just politically correct and should probably be switching the channel.

I don't even know what to say to that.

No comments: