Wednesday, August 08, 2007

NY storm aftermath: pics from my camera phone

This morning while I slept there was a horrible storm in New York. Rumor has it that a "mini tornado" passed through my part of Brooklyn.

This is my street. I saw later (but was unable to capture on phone), a tree that had fallen over and blocked a seldom-used side street. Another tree had fallen on top of a parked car (sucks for that person!!).

Here was a tree that had been completely uprooted, taking part of the sidewalk with it:




Since the subways were mostly shut down, I took the bus in. I nodded off in the financial district, since we were stuck in traffic, unmoving for about a half an hour. When I woke up this was what was out my window:


It took me 3 hours to get to work.

1 comment:

Banks Bailey said...

Damn. It would have taken you less time to just walk to work.