Friday, December 15, 2006

At least I don't have the image of Geena Davis in a bra in my head.


I know that I'm not the only person who gets random songs stuck in her head, but am I the only one who gets really, really stupid random songs in her head? And I'm not talking, like, "Careless Whisper" by George Michael or "(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight" by Cutting Crew. I'm talking like "The Dipsey Doodle Dragon" from my first grade musical and the currently selection running a loop in my brain--that ridiculous song that some bitch makes up in the movie A League of Their Own. You know:
We are the members of
The All-American League
We Come from cities...near and far
We've got Can-adians (woo!), Irish ones and Swedes
We're all for one!
We're one for all!
We're all American!

And yes, I just wrote that down from memory. I can do the second verse, too:
Here we stand, our heads so proudly high
Our motto: do or die
We're not the kind to use or need an alibi

"to use or need an alibi?" what kind of lyric is that? Yet somehow, it's stuck in my head, which I guess is representative of that movie in general. You never want to watch it. You certainly don't own it on DVD. But when it's on the CW Sunday afternoon movie and you're still in your PJs, you will totally sit there and watch the entire fucking thing.

1 comment:

Sarah G. said...

i didn't know you were a fan of ALOTO! maybe you're not, who knows. btw, Geena Davis isn't in that particular picture. i'm sure she's in a bra somewhere in that scene, but that chick next to Madonna is one of the other randoms. 'not Betty Speghetti' whose husband dies, but one of the others, i forget who. i could IMDB it but i don't wanna.